Monday, April 03, 2006

Word in Life: Power Blackout

a failure of electrical power supply, OAD

After the tornado warning,around 6-7 pm, the electricity in my apartment was unstable, after a while my apartment was dark. I went outside to see the tornado, or whatever it was. It looks like a heavy rain, or thunder storm, in University of Indonesia at Depok. Well, it's always fun to watch a thunder storm, so I went out to my patio in the third floor, I lighted my Sampoerna, and I enjoyed the show of wind, lightning and rain.

After a while, the show was over, I went in and waited in the dark for a while, but my room is still dark. I turned my only candle that I just found in my pants, which dated back from last Christmas, huahahhahaha, maybe I have to wash that pants now. It was the usual thing for power blackout: no TV, no Internet, no fixed phone, no mobile phone and laptop charging, etc. There were only me, candle, mobile phones, and a dying laptop. I've got a call from Ardi, who stranded in one of the dark coffe shop. I made a call to Ange, who had her electricity. Then, again, I'm still in the dark. Well, like I said, nothing unusual, this power blackout in Champaign is not even in the same level with the several power failure in Jakarta, like the great power failure in Jakarta 4 or 5 years ago.

Finally, I went out for dinner at Basil Thai at Urbana with Ardi and Lia. When I was driving, I noticed the only area that had electricity blackout was my area, bollock. Anyhoo, we went for dinner in the well lighted restaurant. Then, I decided to watch movie V for Vendetta and go to grocery store. I went to Beverly Cinema, but there is no show for 10 pm movie. My friend suggested to go to Savoy Cinema, but I was 30 minutes late, so I decided to go to Savoy Walmart. I've got a call from my wife. The 24 hours supercentre was also closed for couple hours, because the power failure. I went back to Meier at Prospect, I have to tell you that this trip was not near by Champaign Urbana standard, and I don't know well the way to go around. I tried to waste my time at the Meier. But, when I reached my apartment, the areas was still dark. It was already after midnight, so I decided to go to my office to work a little, and to charge my gadgets. I stayed until 3 am at my office, when I reached my apartment, it was still dark, damn. So, I lighted my only candled, which was almost die, and try to sleep on it.

When, I woke up this morning, everything was back in normal.

*This was the song that I repeated in the car while I was driving, alone, with a Sampoerna between my fingers, enjoy...


Here I Go Again by Whitesnake

I don’t know where I’m going
But, I sure know where I’ve been
Hanging on the promises
In songs of yesterday
An’ I’ve made up my mind,
I ain’t wasting no more time
But, here I go again
Here I go again

Tho’ I keep searching for an answer,
I never seem to find what I’m looking for
Oh lord, I pray
You give me strength to carry on,
’cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An’ here I go again on my own
Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time

I’m just another heart in need of rescue,
Waiting on love’s sweet charity
An’ I’m gonna hold on
For the rest of my days,
’cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An’ here I go again on my own
Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go...

An’ I’ve made up my mind,
I ain’t wasting no more time

An’ here I go again on my own
Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
’cos I know what it means
To walk along the lonely street of dreams

An’ here I go again on my own
Goin’ down the only road I’ve ever known,
Like a drifter I was born to walk alone
An’ I’ve made up my mind
I ain’t wasting no more time...

But, here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go again,
Here I go,
Here I go again...

*from lyricsfreak.com

8 comments:

nona cyan said...

ha?
mati lampu beneran?

Anonymous said...

tornadonya serius ya, paks? disini aja kebagian angin gede tuh. seharian berangin terusss... tapi kagak pake mati lampu :))
r

cattra said...

gituh deh, mati lampu, perasaan sih yah kayak badai2 gituh. belum kayak Depok sih yang pohon rubuh dimana2, terus rubuhnya pake muter sambil ngupas kulit pohon. Cuman mati lampunya itu lho bow...

Anonymous said...

jadi inget 18 agustus 2005 gak loe?
mati lampu nasional yang berakhir di mangga dua? nemenin renata nawar hardisk, 2 dollar lebih murah??

**patris

cattra said...

Ingetlah, itu katanya prinsip bow, prinsip, hueheheeh. Tapi itu paling okeh, kantor semua mmati lampu, mal2 juga, kecuali Mangga Dua, huahah, emang beda negara.

Anonymous said...

jangan ingatkan daku pada insiden mangdu sialan itulah. abis itu ditambah muter2 restoran nyari yg nerima Amex gue lage :P

nona cyan said...

eeuuuwww
Paks, kalo elo sejarang itu nyuci celana...jangan2 nyuci seprei 2 tahun sekali?

Anonymous said...

tapi ren, intinya kan amex loe terbukti bisa dipake..
biar kata nyari makanan di mangga dua, dapetnya di skyline building..

amex platinum kok gak bisa digesek..

**patris