Sunday, January 29, 2006

Word in Life: Drink Drank Drunk

"consume or be in the habit of consuming alcohol, esp. to excess (OAD)"

Three nights in a row (threepeat): Mike & Mollies, Esquire, and Barfly

In Alphabetical Order:

First Night (Ardi's B'day): Ajeng, Ardi, Paksi, and Yudis

Second Night (Ajeng's Challenge): Ajeng, Ardi, Lia, Paksi, and Yudis

Third Night (I have to ask who was the culprit): Ajeng, Ardi, Lia, Margreta, Paksi, Raphael, and Yudis

Well, I didn't drink excessively in these nights, hhmmm, okey, I admit it, these three nights are not even in the same zip code with my usual drinking habit. And you know what? In these three nights, not even once I was the culprit. It just amazed me, considering my invitations were usually vanished in thin air. Cool huh, I have drinking buddies, and for me they are just one of the best kind of buddies, in the sense that you don't have to be soul mates, long lost friends, close or very close friends, life time friends, etc. We drink, we talk anything (mostly unimportant things), we move to the song, we laugh, to cut a long explanation, we are just cruising.

How about the drawbacks? Well, according to my experienced, this is a never-ending debate. Although, at some point, we drop this debate, because you need to have interdiscipline conversation (maybe you need well-known philosopher to enter the debate), but this debate will arise again here and there.

Now, I will bring down the drawback to the personal level. It's happening again like in the past. It's like a flu virus. Everytime I have (insert number, it has to be greater than two) nights in a row of drink with my friends, my emotion will grew exponentially as a function of the number of nights. After the third nights, I just missed my wife (the best drinking buddy ever, for me) so much that I just want to hit something (Americans should have concrete wall like we do in Indonesia). It happened when she was in Netherland, when I was in Korea, and now. Last night I just remember this kind of emotion will arise again whenever I drink many nights in a row. Maybe, that is why I like to drink with my friends, because I love this kind of reminder or maybe I just like to be torture.

All I can do is to thanks my drinking buddies, anywhen and anywhere, for making this unbearable life bearable.

Thank You All

*from the one who miss his wife so much.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

*sigh* first night, second night, third night....*sigh*....

Anonymous said...

mabuk lagi .... aaaahhhhhh .... mabuk lagi ....

judi lagi .... aaaahhhhhh .... judi lagi ....

*sebelum dan sesudahnya ... LUPA ...*