Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Somewhere in Between (Babbling)

Summer will end in a little more than a month. I have many things to do, especially the works and administration for the university. But still I feel bore. I don't know, maybe the works are not interesting, but I think its should be interesting, because they are new and I like all the topics. Anyway, I will be buried by the works that I have to do this summer.

I like summer, because it resemble the weather in Indonesia, or Jakarta for this matter. I like hot and humid weather. I'm not saying I never complain about the weather in jakarta (the heat, the sting from the sun, the sweat, the fumes from everything that vaporize by the sun, etc), but this kind of weather give me the thrill more than the other weathers like winter or spring. On the other side, this kind of weather make me miss my wife, family, home, friends, etc. Thinking what we can do in this kind of weather if I'm with my wife and others in Jakarta make me feel depressed.

So, here I am, living a life in Champaign Urbana, IL (study, work and party), without ever feelling content. I'm still thinking about "what if I'm in Jakarta" kind of thing. Hhhmm, maybe I'm not a traveller after all, like I always thought. It is like somewhere in between, like Jack Johnson's song (Better Together):

*And all of these moments
Just might find their way into my dreams tonight
But I know that they'll be gone,
When the morning light sings
And brings new things,
But tomorrow night you see
That they'll be gone too,
Too many things I have to do,
But if all of these dreams might find their way
Into my day to day scene
I'll be under the impression,
I was somewhere in-between
With only two,
Just me and you
Not so many things we got to do,
Or places we got to be
We'll sit beneath the mango tree now*


Well, like I said, I'm just babbling here, a take five from my everyday life in Champaign Urbana.

End

NB: With the courtesy and skill of Mr. Herry Yudha, I present to you, copyrighted picture of me in the heat of the summer. I'm a narcist, or "banci foto" for this case, hehehehe. More Herry works can be seen in http://herryflicks.smugmug.com/

*ngelamun/leyeh-leyeh/gessrroottt

*E.T. calling hhoooommeeeeee...

*dans la lune

*profil

*Lelaki dan Cincin

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Anjrit maneeeeeeeeh. Ganteng juga luh ya kalo dipoles dengan digicam. Photographer nya jago seh nutupin kekurangan modelnya. Prikitiwww !! Suwiw suwiwww !!

(mba bebi ga marah kan lakinya daku cela2--hiii untung mbak bebi jauuu)

| airin the drama queen .. ! |

Anonymous said...

mas..
telponnya berapa mas?? bole gak maen ke rumah e-mas??

-yang mau maen ke rumah emas-

Anonymous said...

ih paksi gak nyangka ih.
ini efek efek ganteng karena sekolah di US ya?
atau elu lebih beradab aja gituh?
xixixixi

Anonymous said...

cie cie ganteennngggg

Anonymous said...

*take a peek...*